House Fire

Photos by Harlem-Roscoe Fire Photographer Sheryl Drost

www.harlemroscoefire.com

January 02, 2009

A combustible material, too close to the fireplace chimney pipe in the attic, was the cause of a fire at a home on Country Ct. in Machesney Park. In this case, the combustible material was attic insulation. It seems children in the home kept telling their dad that they smelled something burning, but they couldn't find anything. Once they started seeing smoke though, they called 9-1-1. Firefighters found the fire in the attic above the fireplace and were able to extinguish the fire. Luckily the fire damage was contained to that area.