Wood Burning Stove Causes Fire
Photos by Harlem-Roscoe Fire Photographer Sheryl Drost
January 11, 2009
Harlem-Roscoe Firefighters battled single digit temperatures and nearly a foot of new snow January 11 when they fought a house fire on Main St in Roscoe. There were flames showing around a wood-burning stove in the family room when firefighters arrived around 2am. Chief Shoevlin had firefighters perform an interior attack and ladder the roof. The roof around the stove's chimney stack was opened up to get to all the fire. The fire was stopped before it burned its way into the rest of the home or into the attic. Fire damage was contained to the areas around the stove and stack pipe on the first and second floor and the basement.