Firefighters Save Home!
Photos by Harlem-Roscoe Fire Photographer Sheryl Drost
April 16, 2010
Harlem-Roscoe Firefighters responded to a report of a chimney fire on Greglynn St. in Machesney Park. The fire started around the fireplace chimney and had spread into the outside wall and the attic above the family room when fire units arrived. Firefighters made an aggressive attack on getting to, and extinguishing the fire, both in the outside wall and above the inside family room ceiling - saving the rest of the home the fire! H-R Fire Investigator Capt. Drost says, "The residents had been using their fireplace and the fire started around the fireplace chimney. Animals can easily find their way into the area between the chimney pipe and those decorative fake metal chimneys to make their nests - especially under the chimney cap"