Firefighters Save Home

Photos by HRFD Photographers Sheryl Drost & Marcia Soppe

07/13/11

Firefighters saved a home from possible extensive fire damage this morning. It seems a fire had started in a bucket of bottle caps and cigarette butts. After melting the plastic bucket, the fire traveled through the mulch and into the exterior wall of the home.

After learning the family was safely outside, firefighters quickly located the fire and overhauled the exterior wall to reach all the fire extension; they were able to keep the fire from reaching the attic and inside contents. The home had filled with smoke, but four family pet cats were found unhurt.

 

 

 

 

 

HARLEM-ROSCOE FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT

Home Page - www.harlemroscoefire.com/