Harlem-Roscoe Firefighters were dispatched to for a structure fire on Chandan Blvd. in Machesney Park on Oct. 16 art 3:12. First in units found a garage fully involved with fire, being fueled by brisk winds. The fire had also spread into the attic of the home as well as a car in the driveway and a neighbor's home. The deck gun on Engine 702 was used immediately on the fire knocking down a majority of the fire in the garage. Harlem-Roscoe Firefighters along with responding MABAS fire crews from nearby fire departments aggressively attacked the fire with hose lines from the front, rear and inside the home exinguishing the rest of the fire. The wall of the neighbors home was burned as well as the gas meter. A family member was home at the time but was able to get out with the family pet. No one was injured. The residents of the home and the neighbors were assisted by the Red Cross. Thank you to responding MABAS fire departments. The Office of State Fire Marshal dispatched a fire investigator to the scene. The fire is believed to have started in the dryer area.
Photos by Photographer Sheryl Drost
Photos by Photographer McKenna Donovan