Wood Stove Chimney Causes Fire

< Click for Video

December 2005 came roaring in with a fully involved house fire on Ralston Road in Machesney Park on 12/01/05. It seems the chimney of a wood stove may have been installed improperly and started the fire that burned into the attic before firefighters arrived. Firefighters were on scene for several hours. The home is a total loss and was condemned by Machesney Park Officials. Mutual Aid was recieved by Loves Park Fire, Northwest Fire, North Boone Fire, North Park Fire, and South Beloit Fire.