Chimney Fire

Photos by HRFD Photographer Sheryl Drost

11/12/12

Firefighters responded to a report of a chimney fire on Burr Oak Rd. in Roscoe. Luckily, the resident's dog had alerted him that something outside was amiss by barking. When the resident went outside to see what the dog was barking at he discovered that fire was coming out of the chimney. It seems built-up creosote had caught fire in the chimney, but the fire had burned itself out before the fire units arrived. Firefighters laddered the roof and checked the chimney and checked the inside attic area for fire extension. The resident said he was definitely planning on getting the chimney cleaned before using it again.

 

 

 

 

 

HARLEM-ROSCOE FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT

Home Page - www.harlemroscoefire.com