Become A HRFD Firefighter
HRFD is currently accepting applications to join Harlem-Roscoe Fire as a Volunteer Firefighter.
* Be 18 years old
* Have a high school diploma
* Live within the Harlem-Roscoe Fire Protection District boundaries set by the Board of Trustees within 6 months of the start of the program
* Be in good physical condition
* Complete department's Physical Agility Test
* Do not have a criminal background
* Have sound transportation to respond to stations for all calls in a timely manner.
*Be able to wear department issued PPE includeing breathing protection (SCBA) while successfully completing routine tasks performed by firefighters in hazardous situations.
* Be able to deploy ladders (with and without assistance) and work from heights over 10 feet above ground
* Be able to operate manual and mechanical devices safely, such as (but not limited to) hand tools, ventilation saws, fans, pumps, electric geneartors and hydraulic tools.
* Assist medical staff on EMS calls
3 ways to apply:
* Apply at Fire Sta #1 at 10544 Main St. in Roscoe.
* Online - Email the completed applcation. Information below.
* Fax the completed application to 815-623-8831