Attic Fire

Photos by HRFD Photographer Sheryl Drost


Harlem-Roscoe Firefighters responded to a report of a structure fire on Free Church Rd. this morning. Chief Don Shoevin reports, "Upon our arrival and gaining entry into the structure, we encountered a fire in the attic. Quick extinguishment was made, however we had extensive overhaul. The combination of the outside temperature with heat indexes near 100 degrees and the even hotter attic temperature, it was challenging on our firefighters. We rotated crews quicker to keep them cool and fresh. The firefighters performed outstandingly with the challenges they encountered. No one was home at the time of the fire. Two pet dogs were removed unharmed from the home. One firefighter was transported to the hospital as a precaution. He was treated and released for heat related symptoms." The fire was contained to the attic and the cause appears to be electrical.





Home Page -