Harlem-Roscoe Firefighters responded to Grace Dr. in Roscoe at 2:15 pm on Nov. 25th for a garage fire. A MABAS Box to the third alarm was dispatched for tenders to supply water. HRFD Chief Don Shoevlin reports that the firefighters made an aggressive attack on the fully-involved attached garage fire and with the help of a good fire wall between the garage and the home, were able to save most of the home. The garage and vehicles inside were destroyed by the fire. The cause of the fire is believed to be ashes from the fireplace, believed to be not hot, that had been stored in the garage. Chief Shoevlin also thanks all the mutual aid departments for their assistance at the scene and covering the HRFD stations. No one was injured and the family was safe outside when units arrived.
Photos by Photographer Sheryl Drost